Registry Relevance

I have a relevance statement that should check REG KEY and evaluate to true since value is “0” but is evaluating to false and not sure why. See Below:

exists keys whose(exists (value “BaselineGroup” of it as string as lowercase) whose(it = “0”)) of keys “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client_BESClient_New_System_Patch” of (x64 registry; x32 registry)

Hi,

So BigFix will always be in the 32-bit registry so we can just do this (just check x32 registry and remove wow6432node

exists values "BaselineGroup" whose (it = "0") of keys "HKLM\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\Settings\Client_BESClient_New_System_Patch" of (x32 registry)

This will grab your key, grab the value and return true if it’s, “0”

Is there a reason you’re storing this here? Normally you’d only store client settings in this location

Thank you that worked. Where else would I store it and is there a better place? This the key a baseline will look for to see if it is a new system that needs to auto patch.

Hi –

This should probably not be stored as a client setting but I’ll provide instructions on doing it with a client setting

Client Setting

If you want to store stuff there you should use a client setting

setting "myBaselineTag"="MyBaselineTagSetting" on "{now}" for client

In your actionscript.

Then when you want to view the value of the setting it’s just…

value of setting "myBaselineTag" of client

Recommended way

There is a lot of overhead associated with using client settings so I’d typically recommend just placing a reg_sz somewhere in the registry or a file somewhere on the disk.

exists values "BaselineGroup" whose (it = "0") of keys "HKLM\SOFTWARE\CorporateIT\PatchingGroups" of (x32 registry)

Or something similar.

3 Likes