Registrationlist.db

In order to see how many clients a Relay is serving (by asking the Relay, not the clients), I’m looking into using the registrationlist.db.

I have a working relevancy query but I question the results. This shows 96 clients using this relay within the last 10 min, but when I look at which clients are using this Relay in WebReports, WR only shows 11 computers. When I look up some of the computer IDs in the registrationlist.db for this relay, they are actually using a different Relay according to WR (and my WR cache isn’t stale or that old to explain the difference).

q: number of rows of statement "select * from COMPUTER_REGISTRATIONS WHERE RegistrationTime >= strftime('%25s', 'now', '-10 minute')" of sqlite database of file (pathname of parent folder of regapp "BESRelay.exe" & "\ClientRegisterData\registrationlist.db")
A: 96
T: 4.832 ms

Am I misunderstanding how this registrationlist.db works?

1 Like

Found that this difference is because the RegistrationTime is when the client registers (which is every 6 hours by default), not just when it reports into the Relay. Changing the query to ‘-6 hour’ then resulted in fairly close results with WebReports counts.

1 Like