Regarding Manual Computer Groups

Hi,
I have two issues regrading manual computer groups.

1. Is there a way that we can create groups in sites or create manual groups so that it is not visible to all the non master operators, issue is we have so many users and they create their own manual groups , now as manual groups names are visible to all operators even when you dont have access to the computers of the group but you still see the name of that computer group, we want to limit that to the operator itself, can we have any option by which we can create manual gps in site or domain or other workaround so that all manual groups created are not visible to all non-master operators.

2. Is there a way we can remove computers from manual computer grp by searching the hostname of the machines and then remove it from the manual gp. Currently i am removing computers from manual gp by going to computers gp-> Manual gp->Selcting the computers in the list and then removing it one by one if not able to get that sorted by some property. OR if i have a specific hostname to get removed from this computer group then i am not able to search it in this list, i have to scroll and find that entry, is there a way to search the computer in manual computer gp to remove it from that computer gp.

Typically speaking, I do not recommend utilizing manual groups. Instead, leverage Automatic Groups where specific endpoint settings or other endpoint tattoos are utilized for membership. This is far more powerful and extensible vs. manual groups.

Let me know if you have any questions about settings/tattoos for endpoints.

1 Like