Reclassifying Software to IBM Cloudpak for Integration - Not showing as selection

Hi,

I am currently converting our IBM Products to new classifications (example: ‘IBM DB2 Advanced ESE - PVU’ to ‘IBM Db2 Advanced Edition Extension for IBM Cloud Pak for Data - VPC’.

I have IBM MQ installed in my environment that needs to be reclassified as ‘IBM Cloud Pak for Integration - VPC’. And I am not seeing it in the ‘Assign Product to Component’ window.

Part number for the above was imported successfully and I am seeing it in ‘Products and Metrics’…yet, I can not assign it to my MQ installs.

I do however, see it under ‘Assign’ → ‘Flex Point or Cloud Pak Bundle’ where I can assign it there. But still can not report on it…as it’s product type is still set to MQ.

Thanks

Doug

Hi,

Want to make sure I understand your issue.
I’m not quite sure what you mean by “product type is still set to MQ”.
What “Product Type”

As to assigning, products are assigned using the ‘Assign’ --> ‘Flex Point or Cloud Pak Bundle’ process, not the “Assign-> Choose from catalog” option.
You have to first make sure that the components that you want to assign to the Cloud Pak are of the same Metric type (VPC), and then assign to the cloud pak.
See (if you haven’t already):
https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/inventory/Inventory/softinv/t_assigning_product_to_cloud_pak.html
Then they will be tracked in the Reports > FlexPoints and Cloud Paks.

As I said, I’m not entirely sure of your issue, but hopefully this sheds some light.

Regards,

Les

Hi Les,

Turned out being a filter issue on our reports. Needed a second set of eyes to see it.

Thanks

Doug

1 Like