Rebooting servers after patching

(imported topic written by chrism91)

I was just tasked to come up with a way to reboot ALL servers during patch weekend even if there are no patches relevent. Anyone know of a way that I can do this with just one task?

Thanks

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

Take a custom Action choose all the computers that you want to reboot sched what time you want to reboot them, then choose the post action tab

choose “restart computers after action completes” then set the deadline to 1 minute

(imported comment written by chrism91)

Let me explain it a little different.

We have lets say an automatic group of 500 servers. Of the 500 only 250 need a certain patch but I would like to reboot all the servers even if they need the patch or not. Is there a way I can lump the 2 together in one task? part of the task would be patching the servers that need it and the other part would be rebooting all 500 servers.

Thanks

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

you could create a baseline and point the relevance to the automatic computer group,

add the fixlet to the baseline, run the baseline and reboot after it finishes this will patch only the 250 and bounce all of them

(imported comment written by chrism91)

Mark, that sounds more of what upper management is looking for. I’ll give it a try thanks