Question regarding Relevance and how to Filter only windows servers

Hi There,

I’m a complete noob on Relevance language and the struggle is very much real for me. I am trying to create an Analysis that tells me the group membership of all 2003 servers and thats it. This seems simple to me but I just don’t no where to start so any help/guidance will be much appreciated. I’m still looking at other resources/guides as well.

Thank you Kindley

First, download the Fixlet Debugger/QnA tool. You’re going to need it, and it’s somewhat self documenting.

The v9.5.13 Fixlet Debugger/QnA tool download can be found on https://support.bigfix.com/bes/release/9.5/patch13/

Copy it to a convenient location for you (on your local system), Unzip it and run FixletDebugger.exe

In the (qna) tab , you preface relevance clauses with Q:, so type the following …
Q: Operating System
Click the Evaluate button, or the Green Circular Arrows in the tool bar.

On my Laptop, I get the following response …
A: Win10 10.0.17134.885 (1803)
T: 0.242 ms

Now try the following …
Q: Operating System contains "Win10"
You should get …
E: The operator "contains" is not defined.
This is because the “Operating System” object is not a String, so we need to “re-cast” it as a String.
Q: Operating System as String contains "Win10"
Now the response I get is …
A: True
T: 0.241 ms

So to look for Windows 2003 servers, you could try a clause that looks something like …
Operating System as string contains "Win2003"

When I mentioned that the FixletDebugger/QnA tool was Self Documenting, try this …
Q: properties whose (it as string as lowercase contains "operating system")

4 Likes

Hi TimRice,

Thank you so much I will give this a try and report my findings

You might want to create a “computer group” to group your Windows 2003 machines. The console provides a way to automatically create the correct relevance (see my example for win2008).

immagine

1 Like

Thank you this was also helpful

This ended up working for me…Thank you so very much for your help. My issue is solved.