Question on detecting connected iphone/ipad devices

(imported topic written by nicklasd)

Good Morning,

My work has a policy that we cannot connect non work issues devices to our work computers. As a result I have the following analysis setup to detect rogue usb devices:

If (exists string values whose (it as lowercase starts with “usbstor”) of selects “PNPDeviceID from Win32_DiskDrive” of wmi)Then ((((if exists string value of property “Model” of it then string value of property “Model” of it else “n/a”), (if exists string value of property “PNPDeviceID” of it then (following texts of lasts “” of preceding texts of lasts “&” of string values whose(it as lowercase starts with “usbstor”) of property “PNPDeviceID” of it) else “n/a”)) of (select objects “Model,PNPDeviceID from Win32_DiskDrive” of wmi)) as string)Else (“No USB Storage Devices Connected”)

This analysis works great when used with a web report white list but unfortunately it does not detect iphone/ipads.

Can anyone help me write a new analysis or modify this current analysis to catch connected iphone/ipads?

Thanks!

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

iPhones and iPads must connect using our MDM Proxy Agent… thus try using the following relevance to detect those:

http://bigfix.me/cdb/relevance/414

It returns true if we are NOT on an iPhone/iPad… thus reverse it to detect them… wrap the whole thing in a NOT( )