Question in Remote Control installation from BigFix console

Hello

May be this is for Remote Control HCL guys if any here, but any help will be appreciated.

I’m trying to install RC using the “IBM Remote Control Server Installer Wizard”. DBA question what exactly means the Field :

New Database Location (Drive Name)

. More context: We are using Linux-DB2 solution, DB2 is already installed and Database already created.
The documentation of BigFix says about this field

“Specify the path where the database can be installed” and “Linux Systems: Specify a directory which the admin User ID has read and write permissions for”.

Our concerned is we need to know what exactly will do this Task? Setup according to client security policies are already configured, for DB2/DB and also for File Systems assigned and we can’t override those configurations.

RC_Install

1 Like

Hi @mikke,

Sorry for the late answer.
The field you are mentioning is only used when you want to create the new database using the installer. In your case the database is already created so you can skip this filed. This filed must be left empty also in case of a remote DBMS (the installer can only create the database if the database server is local).

Note that the “JDBC driver directory” is a directory on the system where the RC server will be installed. You selected a Windows installation while you are providing a Linux path for the JDBC driver. You have to download it on the Windows system and provide a JDBC driver path related to it.

Thank you @f.pezzotti

Actually that field can’t be left blank in order to advance, the Wizard does no let me.
Regarding the OS, yes my mistake just when I took the picture.

Actually that field can’t be left blank in order to advance, the Wizard does no let me.

Very strange. I tried on my BES Console and I can successfully create the task for the installation even without the New database location field.

Note that both checkboxes are unchecked. Also the Administrator Email field is mandatory.

It worked now. Thanks you. I’ll continue with the installation as I’m having issues.