Question about the self service application, how to make the completed message on the Icon go away

we have relevance on the fixlets we offer to the self service application, so that they are relevant if they are not installed or a lesser version then the version we are offering.
when someone installs something from the SSA it shows a completed message on the icon in the SSA, which is fine, but if the user wants to reinstall it for some reason and they uninstall the program from the programs and features, the completed message on the icon does not go away, so that the user can reinstall the program.
where does Bigfix store this trigger for the message? in a file or in the registry?
I want clear this flag so the message goes away, so the user can reinstall an application from the SSA, once the program has been uninstalled.

sorry if this is not in the correct category on this site, I was not sure if it should go under customizations.

You can configured this in the Action Settings when you send the action.

If the source fixlet/task has Relevance that properly detects the installation (it becomes Non-Relevant when the software is present, and Relevant when the software is missing), you can use the “Reapply whenever it becomes relevant again” Action Setting for the offer.

If the source fixlet/task does not have detection relevance (i.e. it’s always Relevant), you can set the “Reapply while relevant, waiting X minutes between reapplications” setting to present the Offer again after the specified time.

thank you very much!

I checked with the person that sends the offers to the SSA and they are checking those boxes with no limit.
sorry I should not have checked the solution was solved, but it sounded right.

Which box are they checking? “Whenever it becomes relevant again” requires that the relevance result toggles to False and then back to True again (ie detecting that the software was installed and then removed). If it never toggles to “Not Relevant”, you’d have to use the “Reapply while relevant, waiting X” option.

1 Like

here is an example of the those settings from a SSA offer action.

Execution
This action will never expire.
It will run at any time of day, on any day of the week.
If the action becomes relevant after it has successfully executed, the action will be reapplied as a policy an unlimited number of times.
If the action fails, it will not be retried.

here is the relevance generated by bigfix.

/* Relevance generated from file “Firefox Setup 111.0.1.msi” */ (exists file “msiexec.exe” of system folder) AND (disjunction of (NOT exists keys “{1294A4C5-9977-480F-9497-C0EA1E630130}” whose ( value “DisplayVersion” of it as string as version >= “111.0.1.0” as version AND value “Language” of it as string = “0”) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of ( x32 registry; (if exists x64 registry then x64 registry else nothing) ))) AND true

here is an example of the SSA offer relevance we use for .exe’s

not exists keys whose(exists (it as string as trimmed string) whose(it contains “notpad ++”) of value “DisplayName” of it AND “8.5.1” <= (it as string as version) of value “DisplayVersion” of it) of keys “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of (x64 registries;x32 registries)