Querying exchange server

(imported topic written by Joe_GVH)

Hello all,

I would like to use BigFix to query all my machines to see what exchange server they are configured to use. I know that the exchange setting is profile specific and is listed in binary in the registry…at least that’s what I’ve found. Is there any way to query exchange settings?

Any help would be appreciated, although I don’t thinkthis one is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

(imported comment written by HGA8191)

Hey Joe,

Try the code below on your Q&A, this has worked for me on 2000 and XP systems for users that have an Outlook 2000-2003 profile configured. Not sure if this will work on Outlook 2007.

value “001e6602” of keys whose (value “001e6750” of it as string is not “”) of key (value “DefaultProfile” of it as string) of key “Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles” of (key whose ((it = name of current user as lowercase OR it starts with name of current user as lowercase & “@” ) of (it as string as lowercase) of value “Logon User Name” of key “Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer” of it) of key “HKEY_USERS” of registry)

just make sure that when you add this to an analysis you include the “exists current user” relevance.

Cheers.

(imported comment written by Shlomi91)

Hi,

tested on Outlook 2007 - works great!

thanks for this,

Shlomi