Problems with Multiple Package Baseline Installation patches

I’m setting up a baseline package for CentOS 7 Servers in my environment. I’m having problems with the Delete CentOS 7 Package List File for Multiple-Package Baseline Installation Task id 200. This task does not show any applicable computers in my environment. the relevance statements are:

1. (version of client >= “8.2.1175”) AND (name of operating system starts with “Linux CentOS 7”)
  2. architecture of operating system = “x86_64”
  3. exist file ((if(exist property “storage folder”) then pathname of storage folder of client else pathname of client folder of current site & “/…/…”) & “/EDRDeployData/MultiPkgInstall.txt”)
    The other 2 tasks that will added to the end of the baseline Task ID 201 Enable the Multiple-Package Baseline Installation feature – CentOS 7 and Task ID 101 Multiple-Package Baseline Installation – CentOS 7 have the following relevance statements;
  4. (version of client >= “8.2.1175”) AND (name of operating system starts with “Linux CentOS 7”)
  5. architecture of operating system = "x86_64"
    Will removing the 3rd relevance statement from the first task resolve my problem and allow the baseline to execute?

This task will only be relevant if the file exists on an endpoint from a previous Multiple Package Baseline. It ensures that the file leftover from the previous run is removed.

I’m having problems creating a Multiple Package Baseline using individual patches from the Patches for CentOS7 Plugin R2 external site. For example, CEBA-2019-2871 Tzdata Enhancement Update applicable Computer Counts says 3 servers in my environment need this patch. Likewise CESA-2019-2829 says 4 servers need this patch. When I combine them in a baseline to patch Linux CentOS 7 Servers and add the required Enable the Multiple-Package Baseline Installation feature - CentOS 7 at the beginning and Multiple-Package Baseline Installation - CentOS 7 - x86_86 at the end, the baseline does not see any applicable Servers in my environment to patch. Am I missing any steps in the process to Patch Linux Servers in my environment. Are there any tasks/fixlets that are required to execute before I can create multiple package baselines to patch Centos 6 or 7 servers in my test environment.
Thank you

Adding relevant Fixlets to a Baseline should make the Baseline relevant. It usually can take the clients a few minutes to evaluate and report relevant to the baseline. A couple of things to check -

• are the affected computers subscribed to the site that contains the new Baseline?

• have you customized the relevance on the baseline itself? Baselines have a top-level relevance that could make it not-applicable if you’ve customized it.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. The problem I discovered is that the Automatic Group that I created and linked to the Custom Sites container was incomplete. I did not link the Auto Group to the Master Action Site therefore when I added the patches, the actual servers that it applied to were not part of the Auto Group my Content Site was linked to. I really appreciate your help and timely response to my inquiries, Have a great day.

1 Like