Problem: Upload Manager's files blocked in relays

Problem: Upload Manager’s files blocked in relays

Hello!

We have an IEM 9.2.5 environment with:

• IEM Server (Win2k8)
  • Relays L1 (RHEL/Win2k8)
  • Relays L2 (RHEL)
  • Relays L3 (RHEL/Win2k8)

A few days ago we have detected an issue with Upload Manager.
We have a scheduled task gathering some results files, and it’s working. The clients sends the file, it arrives to relay Upload cache folder… and then remains there.

What can I do?
The IEM server was rebooted yesterday (3-Oct), and all besrelay services are restarted today, without changes, the files in ‘bufferdir’ relays folder doesn’t move.
Any suggestions please?

Note: At this topic [Error : PostResultsForwarder (HTTP Error 503): Parent relay is busy, backing off] I have read that FillDB service can be the problem, but I have checked it and no problem registered at log.

Can you check to see if Fixlet ID 343 in BES Support - WARNING: Upload Manager Directory Full - BES Server / Relay - is relevant?

For more information around the given configuration settings, please see:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS6MER_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Config/c_upload_manager_settings.html

1 Like

Hello Aram!

The Fixlet [ ID 343 in BES Support - WARNING: Upload Manager Directory Full - BES Server / Relay ] is not relevant.
In fact, I have checked the ‘sha1’ folder and there are no files under it.

But then I have checked the ‘Temp’ folder. It has some files, in 1Gb amount.
I have renamed it and then a new ‘Temp’ folder has appeared, and the files blocked in relays has been started to process.

By the way, thanks for your response!