Problem upgrading bigfix 9.5.20.34

Hello,
Is it possible that the Bigfix upgrade MSI forces another MSI to stop to force its installation?
This morning we have this problem when upgrading the client to version 9.5.20.34 which seems to have forced the cancellation of an MSI installation of VMTools. This resulted in the uninstallation of VM Tools.

I think that unlikely. You can read the install command lines right out of the Fixlet, but Windows will not allow one MSI to even begin executing if another is still in progress. This is much more likely to have been interrupted by a user action, such as killing a process in Task Manager or rebooting the machine at an inopportune time.

Additionally, if both installations we’re deployed by BigFix, BigFix only runs one action at a time.

Thanks for the feedback @JasonWalker.
No, the installation of VMTools is carried out with an SCCM package, therefore no deployment with Bigfix.
I’ll try to see if I find anything in the log

In that case you might be ending up in a conflict where SCCM removes the old version, then possibly BigFix starts an MSI installation, and SCCM fails to launch the second MSI action for VMWare tools. You can get into the same kind of issues when using any two deployment systems (BigFix vs GPO vs SCCM vs anything else) - with one MSI running, the launch of a second MSI would fail with a message “Another installation is already in progress”.

It’s not that either installation kills the other, it’s that the second won’t launch while the first is still in progress

Indeed I may have had a problem on the SCCM side, because I have the impression that the MSI of VMTools was in a “blocked” state when I launched the bigfix upgrade. But if I look at the EVENT VIEWER the MSI VMTolls error says this:
PRODUCT BIGFIX CLIENT ERROR 1704 an installation for VWARE tools is currently suspended. You must undo the changes made by this installation to continue. Do you want to undo these changes?