Pre Upgrade Check 9.5.17 fails

The pre upgrade check for 9.5.17 fails on my server, currently installed is 9.5.16 on RHEL 7.
First, the check failed without writing any preupgrade-xxx files, __Local/PreCheck/BESAdmin.sh -preupgrade -standalone terminated with exit code 127. Turned out to be a missing requirement, unixODBC package is required, This is documented in the announcement, missed that. Would be nice to have that checked in the pre upgrade fixlet.

After adding unixODBC, pre upgrade is still failing, this time BESAdmin terminates with exit code 1, no log.
Running it manually returns:
Check buffer directory.
Check Non ASCII Site Files
There was an error connecting to the database. Check that you have sufficient database privileges:

Database Error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can’t open lib ‘DB2’ : file not found (01000: 0)

Did I miss another prerequisite? ODBC configuration required?

Regards,
Martin

The unixODBC.x86_64 driver is the only new pre-requisite … from the error, could check as first if it have been properly installed, if need a machine reboot, if re-installing it change something, if the rpm have been downloaded from an official repository and is not too old or too new, and so on …

rpm -qa | grep -i odbc
rpm -qV

If after these checks still have the issue, maybe it is better involve the Bigfix support team to have a check opening a serviceNow case …

Hi,
Starting from 10.0.2 or 9.5.17 the unixODBC.x86_64 driver is a pre-requisite, so the “BigFix Pre Upgrade Check (Version 10.0.2/9.5.17)” fixlet needs to manage that prerequisite correctly and configure it.
We are fixing the issue.

As work around the customer after installing the unixODBC.x86_64 driver have to manually configure it using the script below:

cat << EOF | odbcinst -i -d -r &> /dev/null
[DB2]
Description = DB2 ODBC Driver
Driver = /home/$DB2_INSTANCE_NAME/sqllib/lib64/libdb2o.so
FileUsage = 1
EOF

Note that this issue is ONLY related to the fixlets above, as the 10.0.2 or 9.5.17 installer correctly configure the driver.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Regards,
Martin