Pre cache a baseline for Patching

Hi,

I need to Pre-cache the baseline containing number of fixlets for monthly Patching.
Is it possible?
If yes, please provide the procedure.

Thanks

You need to first configure your clients to allow it by giving them all the “_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageEnable” setting of “1”. After that, on the execution tab of the action you’re opening, there is a check box under “Behavior” for “Start client downloads before constraints are satisfied” option. This will cache all relevant patches before starting the action.

Take note that if there is a large number of packages to be downloaded it may fail as I believe the default for pre-caching is limited to 1GB. This can be expanded by configuring the clients with the “_BESClient_Download_PreCacheStageDiskLimitMB” setting.

You can learn more about these and other client settings here.

Hi Jmaple,

Thanks for writing. This is what I’m using already.
Let me brief my query-

I need to Pre cache Baseline containing Fixlets for Security Patches on my relays before actually deploying them to my endpoints.
There is an option in File Pre cache Wizard through which we can pre cache a single fixlet or multiple multiple fixlets by selecting Month and year but Its a manual task to select every fixlet which I don’t want.

Do I have such option through which I can pre cache a complete baseline at one go?

Thanks

Not that I’m aware of. Is there a reason that you want them on the relays before you start the action?

With relevance query, you can fetch the prefetch block from action script of patches fixlets.
You can select target fixlets with “whose” clauses.
After selction of prefetch statement, copy it and paste it in custom action script .

example .

■relevanace

(ids of it , 
(matches (regexes "^prefetch.[^\%0a]+[^\%0a]") of (scripts of actions of it) as string)) 
of bes fixlets 
whose 
((name of site of it = "Enterprise Security") and 
((month of source release date of it) as string = "April") and 
((year of source release date of it) as string = "2016"))  

Yes,

To reduce my Bandwidth consumption and choking at peak hours.

Hello MKobayashi

Could you please define what “Enterprise Security” value stands for?
I run you relevance and it come up with results. But I want to run in for other sites as Patches for RHEL 7. What am I supposed to put as name of site, because with Patches for RHEL 7 it doesn’t work.

Thank you in advance
Georgiah

Enterprise Security is the same as the site Patches for windows