[Pre Announce] Mobile Device Management 2.4 Release

(imported topic written by GinaW)

IBM is pleased to announce the releasing of Mobile Device Management version 2.4 site next week.

Major Release Features

• Application Management for Enterproid Divide on Android
  • Device Security Compliance Web Report
  • General bug fixes and enhancements in both content and installed components
  • Localization fixes

Android App Changes

• Added support for Android x86 devices and optimized agent for ARMv7 devices.
  • Reduced the footprint of the agent by around 5MB
  • Improved SAFE detection and error handling on non-safe devices.
  • Fixed some device-specific crashes reported via Google Play

Application Engineering Team

IBM Endpoint Manager

(imported comment written by JaviLlor)

Hi,

I am testing the application management on Divide containers. According to the current documentation (see:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v26r1/topic/com.ibm.tem.doc_9.0/Mobile_Devices/Mobile_Devices_User_Guide/c_androidenterpriseapplications.html
), Android applications can be uploaded to later be included on a Divide policy.

I am using the latest version of MDM (version 78) and upgraded all the components as required.

I cannot see this feature on my up-to-dated IEM server. Am I missing anything?

(imported comment written by jeremylam)

Hello Javier,

What do you see when you open the Divide Dashboard? Is there an error message of some sort, or do you see the dashboard from the previous version?

Can you provide a screenshot?

Jeremy

Hi,

I get no errors. I see the dashboard from the previous version. It looks like this dashboard didn’t get updated. I am able to upload Android or IOS applications as before, but the option to select the Divide extender domain doesn’t appear.

(imported comment written by jeremylam)

Hello Javier,

Uploading applications to the Divide Cloud Service is done with the Divide Policy Management Dashboard, which is specific to Enterproid Divide’s management solution. Only Android application uploading is supported. This dashboard is located in the Mobile Device Management domain -> Security Policies -> Divide Policy Dashboard.

I think you are referring to the Enterprise App Management Dashboard, which currently supports both iOS and Android application management.

Jeremy

You are absolutely right. I had a confusing between those two dashboards.

I didn’t notice about the lower part of Divide Policy Dashboard.

Sorry for my mistake.