Power Trend by Group

(imported topic written by SystemAdmin)

Is it possible to modify the power utilization reports to reflect specific computer groups? I’ve tried creating a filter for each report, but it does not work.

Additionally, is it possible to see the same information available in the BES Console Dashboard for Power Tracking in Web Report form? I have managers that are interested in this information (in the format provided in the dashboard) that do not need to have console accounts.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Mike,

For which report are you referring to? The web reports filters should work unless you are looking at the power management historical data (because it is pre-filtered)…

Ben

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

I was actually referring to the Historical Power State report. My organization would like this data broken down per specific groups.

I can’t filter the Daily Power Statistics by Computer because it just doesn’t load. (Yes, I have ticket open for this.)

When I filter the Power Trend Overview, the numbers don’t appear to change.

The information contained in the Console dashboard is useful and easy to understand in the format it’s presented in. Having a web version of that data would be helpful.

(imported comment written by BenKus)

Hey Mike,

We are working on our next iteration of the power management site now, and I think the changes will help with your filtering concerns, but I will share your comments with the product team and see if they have any comments or can make sure to address your requests.

Ben

Hey Mike,

The reports that return power information over time, such as the Power Trend Overview and the Historical Power State report, cannot be filtered using the web reports computer filters. This is because these reports work by aggregating historical information down to a few key numbers (which keeps the load on the database small), but in this process we loss information about which computer contributed what to the calculations, so we cannot filter on them.

The best way to report on a computer group would be to set or create an console operator with power tracking based only on that computer group. When you view that operator’s data in web reports, you will see data for that group.

I have added an enhancement request for a web report version of the dashboard.

-Zak

In the case that power tracking has already been deployed by a single operator (me), is it possible to re-deploy to specific groups with different operators?

Yep. You can have multiple operators track the same computers. The results for that computer will be the same across all operators who are set to track it.

-Zak