Power Management Consumption Trend

I would like to know the way to get the below details either through a dashboard or via webreport

1. To know power consumption before and after the deployment of power profile for specific group.
  2. To know cost saving before and after the deployment of power profile for specific group.
  3. Power settings of the computers in a specific before and after the deployment of Power profile.

This is all doable from the Power Consumption Summary dashboard. You’ll need to run the Enable Power Tracking with Default Assumptions fixlet to turn on power tracking, then let it sit collecting data for however long you want before pushing out your new power profile. The minimum the dashboard will display is one week of data. In my deployment, I had power tracking enabled for 3 weeks just gathering baseline data before I pushed out any changes, so I’d have good data to compare it to.

Cost savings is a little bit fuzzy. By default BigFix assumes a cost of $0.08/KwH. I’m not sure how accurate that number is, but presumably it changes from area to area. If you have a better estimate for what you pay per KwH, you can update that by making your own fixlet with the “Manage Custom Assumptions Tasks” wizard.

The Power Consumption Summary dashboard lets you display different groups of computers by filter, not by group. this means that you’ll need to create a separate filter for any group of computers whose power consumption savings you want to be able to see.

2 Likes

Thanks for the in-detailed write-up. Let’s give it a try and see how good it comes-out. Will keep u posted further.

1 Like