PostResultsForwarder (HTTP Error 500): Unexpected HTTP response: 500 Internal Server Error

My IEM was updated from 9.0.835 -> 9.1.1117. And we receive this error after upgraded.
The error “PostResultsForwarder (HTTP Error 500): Unexpected HTTP response: 500 Internal Server Error” is on top relay.
If the lower level relay do not connect to top relay. We do not see this error. And if the lower level relay connecting to it. We see this error.

The lower level and its clients are manageable.
Eg. When we execute a fixlet from IEM console. The fixlet is able to run in client side. But IEM console do not see any status update.

I think it is because the report stuck at top relay. So IEM console cannot receive the update/report.

It is similar to this case “http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21668058”. But the solution do not work in my environment.

Is there any limit of the HTTP server? Like Apache can adjust the child number?

Do anyone has similar situation? And any solution?

Unfortunately, this could be any number of things, so I think the best thing for you to do is contact support, who will likely ask for debug logs for the relays in question.

Thank you. I opened a PMR and working with support. I am thinking if someone has similar issue and give me some hints to speed up our fix.

Hi Radekc,

Did you get any solution to this issue?
I am also getting the same issue on one of my Relay server.
Any suggestion on this would be appreciated.

The original thread was from six years ago…you should probably open a new thread and describe your symptoms, or open a support incident

1 Like