Possible Relevance Bug in Remote Control Fixlets 28 and 108?

We’ve been having issues with some of our workstation admins putting in “bad” firewall rules for Remote Control. We started looking to see if there were any Fixlets already written to address this issue, and indeed found 2 that cover the firewall settings for Remote Control, but none of our Computers were Relevant to them.

When I looked at the Relevance for these two Fixlets, it became obvious why.

Relevance clause #5 for each fixlet has a stray parentheses at the end.

They currently read …

• (#28) - value "DisplayVersion" of key whose ( value "DisplayName" of it as string contains "Remote Control - Target" ) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x32 registry as string as version < "10.0.0.0001")
  • (#108) - value "DisplayVersion" of key whose ( value "DisplayName" of it as string contains "Remote Control - Target" ) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" of x32 registry as string as version > "10.0.0.0001")

Pasting either of them into the Fixlet debugger results in an error. Remove the trailing “)” and it returns a result.

Should I submit a Service Ticket to HCL or will this posting suffice?

I would recommend a ticket for these instances, but will also flag them to our internal teams.

Rhonda Studnick Kaiser - Director, Customer Experience, BigFix