PLEASE Remove the "Critical" severity from BES Support "Install" content

Can we please get the “Critical” severity removed from the BES Support “Install” content?

We have non-Master Operators that use source severity as the indication that something needs to be acted on. Whether or not this is a wise way to go about things, it makes sense for just about everything in the BES Support site except the “Install BigFix (Version XX.X.X)” content. There’s nothing “critical” about an installer and I have folks asking me if they should be installing the Plugin Portal or WebUI Service on their endpoints because it’s “Critical”. I’ve hidden those tasks, but they can always show hidden content and I cannot remove their ability to see BES Support content (which would be nice). Looking around, previous versions have a severity of “<Unspecified>”; only v11 has “Critical” for the component installers.

Starting from 10.0.10 and V11 we wanted to avoid source severity for the Install fixlets.
We aligned with the source severity of the Update fixlets that is “Critical”.
However we understand the issue and we could update the source severity of the Install fixlets to “Low”.
Please open a support case so that we can address.
Thanks

2 Likes

Done. CS0429497. Thanks!

1 Like

Not All Hero’s Wear Capes!

2 Likes

Defect filed by HCL Support:
https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0108473

1 Like