Phantom Bigfix Computer Groups

I have some Bigfix computer groups that no longer exist and haven’t for quite some time, but when I query for the name in a Bigfix property it says it still exists.

I used to have a group called “Exclusions” which has been deleted for several years. I don’t understand why it shows up in when relevance queries for it as it still exists. Is there somewhere else this can be coming from?

Can you share the relevance showing the deleted groups?

following texts of firsts "__Group_0_Server Reboots - " of names of settings whose (value of it = “True”) of client

I take we are talking of manual groups: https://help.hcltechsw.com/bigfix/10.0/platform/Platform/Console/c_creating_manual_computer_group.html

In order to get a client joining or leaving the manual group, it must receive an action that manages this “internal” client setting. We can suppose that some of your clients didn’t receive the action, thus leaving the setting as is.
You can remediate by deploying the following action for every group left on all computers
relevance
(exists setting "<your group tag>" of client) AND (exists value of it) of setting "<your group tag>" of client
and action script
setting delete "<your group tag>" on now

Yes but it seems like it doesn’t see it as a setting. The relevance comes back as False. I see it in the registry and uninstalling and removing the client seems to clear it.

Ok. I misunderstood. If the value is not set to True (it should be empty, and the relevance is correctly reporting that), the Client is not supposed to be joined to that group; anyway this “internal” registry setting is kept by the client. You can safely remove it, if you want.
By uninstalling the Client with BESRemover, it will delete all registry entries related to the client; so, no settings is leftover.