PeerNest(PeertoPeer) Feature not working

Hi All,

I have configured PeerNest on our 7 clients by making the below settings,

“_BESClient_PeerNest_Enabled”=“1"
”_BESClient_PeerNest_ResponseTimeoutSeconds"=“300"
”_BESClient_PeerNest_DebugOutPath" = “C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\Peer2Peer”

After that i have restarted the 7 clients to eable PeerNest on those.

Note: 7 Clients ‘A’,‘B’,‘C’,‘D’,‘E’,‘F’,‘G’ are in same subnet

To check the PeerNest
i have deployed one action to download a file ‘xyz’ on one client ‘A’ and the file was succesfully downloaded on client ‘A’ through it’s Relay 'R1’
After that i have deployed the same action to download the file ‘xyz’ on Client ‘B’,as i have enabled the PeerNest feature on this subnet the file ‘xyz’ must download from it’s peer ‘A’ as it is available on it but the file is downloading from it’s Relay ‘R1’.

Note: Clients A,B,C,DE,F,G relays is R1

So,the file ‘xyz’ is not downloading from it’s peer i can say the PeerNEst is now working.I have followed the offitial page
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSQL82_9.5.0/com.ibm.bigfix.doc/Platform/Config/c_P2P.html

I can see the below entry on the Client log

PeerNest: cannot join the multicast ipv6 group: 10049

also i can’t see any file on debug output path ‘C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client\Peer2Peer’

Can any one help here?

Thank you,
@Aram @jgstew @JasonWalker

Reards,
Riyazbasha

Can you check whether Windows Firewall, or any other firewall product, is blocking inbound tcp/52311 on the clients?

Also use netstat -ano |find "52311" and see whether BESClient is listening for connections on tcp/52311.

Hi @JasonWalker,
BESClient is listening on port 52311.please find the below output of the netstat command

TCP 0.0.0.0:52311 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4660
TCP [::]:52311 [::]:0 LISTENING 4660
UDP 0.0.0.0:52311 : 4660
UDP [::]:52311 : 4660

Could be that on your Clients Internet Protocol version 6 is disabled or not configured, pls verify if this is the condition then consider configuration setting:
_BESClient_Comm_IPCommunicationsMode = OnlyIpv4
as on Troubleshooting scenario 1

2 Likes

Yes Luca,you are correct IPV6 was disabled in our clients after making IPV4 support setting PeerNest is working fine.

Thanks,

2 Likes