Patching Status Automated Report

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Unfortunately Session Relevance does not have the start time of the actions.

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=6798

(imported comment written by CarloMerhi)

Is there any update on this request/capability? Desperately need this report for my client.

Thanks, Lee!

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

understood. So what is my work around? My end goal is to get automated reports of patching status during maintenance windows. After the maintenance window is too late because if a patch failed, there is no time left to resolve it.

Hi,

is this report is ready for production i’m also looking for this status report. Thanks

Hi Leewei,

This report is really awesome to us but is there a chance we can modify it? instead of baseline can we generate a report that will show the components of the baseline that will include the start and end time of the process of each components?

@LAB, this is the report that reports on Baselines.

If references this post from the older Forum site.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014743189&ps=100000
Take a look to see if useful.

HI Lee,

thank you for providing me those link but I already saw it before, I 'am looking for same report you provided to this site that is really useful to us but it is possible to add another column for the list of components of the baseline?

First of all, you are referring to a report that looks like the following?
By including the components of the baseline - I assume you still want to see all Actions whether baseline or not?

Yes Leewei, it is possible to include the components (fixlets) and instead of the baseline status, issued date, start date and end date it will be show the components status, issued date, start date and end date?

@LAB, message me offline, maybe I can help you by figuring out what you need.
I took a look at the code and there are quite a few things hard coded.
The report does show the results of baseline components.
It is hardcoded to filter out actions taken within the last 7 days.
Only actions taken against Fixlets with name starting with MS, etc.

Is this report still available? The link at the top does not allow me to download it, it just opens it as a web page. Thanks

Hi Lee,
Our Customer requested for the similar report which i am unable open your link in this forrum as it is saying the Content is private.
Could you please help me with the Customization.

BigFix Version = 9.5.7.90
Db = MS SQL

Thanks much.!

Harish

The link is here:
http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt

2 Likes

Hi @leewei

How can I get this reports ,
Is there any download file (or) exe to import in web reports ?

(http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt) this is showing the code only, but when I copied and paste in our webreports (custom reports --> Edit sources ) then no results appear

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

@Nagaraj

Did you try right clicking on the link that @leewei included in his April 10th reply?

You should be able to then click on Save Target as and save it with a beswrpt extension. After that, you should be able to import into Web Reports

Good Luck,
Bob_K

1 Like

Yeah @Bob_K I can save it ( http://leewei.com/bigfix/prod/forum/patch_status_completion_report.beswrpt) as beswrpt extension, but while importing in to web reports it is saying the below error
" Invalid Web Report XML File: Unexpected element: html"

I as using .beswrpt file only,

Hi Wei,

Just want to ask if we can add “last report time” and “Active Directory Path” as additional columns in the report?

Hi @rblazaro can you help me to get the reports template, because I was tried and getting the error when I ran this reports,

Thanks,
Nagaraj,

@Nagaraj maybe you can try using firefox as browser. I tried chrome and I got the same error.

Yeah I have tried in firefox as well but no luck,

here are the content I am cpied from that @leewei link, is that correct ?

Patch Status Completion Report Refer to BigFix forum post http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=6851 CustomReport Forum BigFix Community a { text-decoration: none; } a:link { color: #200772; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #FF8000; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; } table { margin: 0; border-collapse: collapse; color: #222; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; } th { font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: navy; font-weight: normal; background-color: #F2F2F2; border: 1px solid #cccccc; margin: 0; padding: 4px 10px 4px 5px; text-align: left; } td { color: #222; font: 8pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc; margin: 0; /* padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; / padding: 8px 20px 5px 5px; } td.userinput { color: #222; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } td.errormsg { color: red; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } td.msg { color: #747170; font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; border-bottom: 0px; margin: 0; padding: 6px 20px 1px 0; } h3 { font: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: #747170; padding: 4px 4px 4px 4px; color: white; width: 100%; }
" & (if (exists name of computer of it) then (name of computer of it) else (“Name Missing”)) & “”) & td of (if (exists id of action of it) then (id of action of it as string) else (“ID Missing”)) & td of html ("" & (if (exists name of action of it) then (name of action of it) else (“Action Name Missing”)) & “”) & td of (if (exists state of action of it) then (state of action of it) else (“Action State Missing”)) & (if (exists status of it) then (if (status of it = bes action status fixed) then (td of (html “” & status of it as string & html “”)) else (if (status of it = bes action status failed or status of it = bes action status error) then (td of (html “” & status of it as string & html “”)) else (td of (status of it as string)))) else (td of “Action Status Missing”)) & td of (if (exists time issued of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of time issued of action of it) else (“Issued Time Missing”)) & td of (if (exists start date of action of it and exists start time_of_day of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of ((start date of it as string & " " & start time_of_day of it as string) as local time) of action of it) else (if (exists time issued of action of it) then ((((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of time issued of action of it)) else (“No Start Date”))) & td of (if (exists end date of action of it and exists end time_of_day of action of it) then (((year of it as string & “-” & month of it as two digits & “-” & day_of_month of it as two digits) of date (local time zone) of it & " " & (two digit hour of it as string & “:” & two digit minute of it as string & “:” & two digit second of it as string) of time (local time zone) of it) of ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string) as local time) of action of it) else (“No End Date”)) & td of (if (exists issuer of action of it and exists name of issuer of action of it) then (name of issuer of action of it) else (“Issued By Missing”))) of results of bes actions whose (exists end date of it and name of source fixlet of it starts with “MS” and now > ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string & " " & local time zone as string) as time) and now - ((end date of it as string & " " & end time_of_day of it as string & " " & local time zone as string) as time) < 7
day) ?>
Computer Name Action ID Action Name State Status Issued Date Start Date End Date Issued By
]]>

Thanks,
Nagaraj,