Patches: Shows Applicable Computers but Not Relevant on status?

Hi Madam and Sirs,

I just want to understand the behavior of Bigfix in-terms of Patching, please bear with me :slight_smile:

Our team test a Windows Patches from March to April 2019 for 1 Branch that contains 13 clients.
1st Patch: 88.46 percent Report: Fixlet Compliance by Group
2nd Patch: 100 percent

Then I generated a report again today, the percentage of patches goes down to 97 percent.
I re-deploy the patch again and the status is Pending Restart.

Its just I dont understand why the patches shows again to be relevant to the clients.

Thank you.

regards,
Pogi

What is the final status of the actions that you issued?

In the case of content from the Patches for Windows site, Pending Restart means the endpoint needs to be restarted before the final status can be determined. Pending Restart should switch to either “Fixed” or “Failed” after the restart.

Most of the fixlets in the Patches for Windows site have a “not pending restart <sha1>” relevance statement. This makes the fixlet from which the action was issued not relevant if the endpoint is in a pending restart state from that action.

If the fixlet is still relevant after the restart, then the action likely ended with a “Fail” status and the fixlet would be relevant again.

The status of the 2nd Patch is Completed and Not Relevant.

But the patches still applicable in the computer.

For which Fixlet ID is this occurring? Which operating system?

This is not expected behavior, either a problem with the content, problem ob your machine, or someone rolled back the update. You may need to open a PMR, they’ll adk for your log data and some registry / file exports to check.