Patches not visible in Installed updates of systems

Hi Guys, I have recently faced a issue with few of my windows systems. When we have deployed few patches from BigFix console it got successfully completed, but when we checked manually onto the system we were unable to find the patches which we pushed from the BigFix console.

Can any one help me out in this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Where are you looking? Registry? Add/remove programs? Did you click the “Show installed updates” button?

Hi @JasonWalker I am looking it in Add/Remove programs

Can you just tell me after installing patches where should we look to check if the patches are installed in the systems and why ?

Thanks in Advance

Installed patches should be shown by selecting the “Show Installed Updates” button in Add/Remove programs.
Jason asked that question but I’m not sure it was answered.

Hi,

Hope this might help.

1. Go to Programs and Features
  2. View Installed Updates at the Upper Left corner of your screen

Just like Sir jason and Ma’am Rosario said.

BR,
Pogi

Hey @Pogi i am checking for the installed patches in this tab only, but i am not able to see any patches installed onto the same date.

Is there any other options i should consider to check the installed patches onto a system ?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi @karthik04,

Maybe you could try this following methods:

Method 1: Check the Windows update history

• Search for Windows Update in search bar
  • choose the view update history

Method 2: Using wmi command line

• run cmd as administrator
  • type wmic qfe list full /format:table it will show the the hotfixes of your computer and also the date

BR,
Pogi

Hey thanks for the reply, i will use this command to check if any updates are been installed or no.

1 Like