Patches for SuSE15 not applicable to servers

I am having a weird issue with SuSE servers on BigFix. When I run the below command in the qna on my SuSE server I get the following:
Default masthead location, using /etc/opt/BESClient/actionsite.afxm
Q: name of operating system
A: Linux SLES 15.1
T: 8907

However, all patches for SuSE in my BigFix console have the below relevance expression:
(exists match (regex “Linux SuSE Enterprise Server 15”) of name of operating system)

This causes all fixlets for SuSE15 to not be relevant. I have no problem with SuSE 11 or 12.

Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Paging @bma @ikao can you comment on this?

I’ll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Dear all,

Just an update:

To temporarily overcome the issue I have created file /etc/SuSE-release with the below contents :

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 (x86_64)
VERSION = 15
PATCHLEVEL = 1

This file was essential in order for fixlet “Updated SuSE Linux Enterprise Client - IBM BigFix version 9.5.13 Now Available!” to be applicable to the SuSE 15 machine.

After that, I was able to update the BESClient agent in the SuSE machine to the newer one.
Then I deleted the manually created file /etc/SuSE-release and restarted the besclient service.

After that, the fixlets were applicable to the SuSE 15 server.

However, I was wondering if anyone else had this issue before. Installation was implemented using the DVD iso.
Moreover, does anyone know whether a future work is going to be made for the “Updated SuSE Linux Enterprise Client - IBM BigFix version 9.5.13 Now Available!” fixlet to be applicable to the SuSE machines that have no /etc/SuSE-release file available, in order to skip this procedure?

Best regards,
Jen