Patch Tuesday 4-11-2023 Question

Hi all, i’m not sure if i am in the right place to ask this, but I have been having issues since last Tuesday getting a critical Microsoft patch to deploy successfully on our machines and I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

The fixlet comes from the Patches for Windows site and is called MS23-APR: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 - Windows 10 Version 21H2 - KB5025221 (x64). I have tried pushing it out to over 800 machines for the past several days, but the machines are reporting back with status as failed. Some have different exit codes and they are 5,13, 3010, and 14098. Has anyone else had this issue, or could it just be something with this update? I have also tried going onto one of the machines and just running windows update that way and it seemed to install just fine.

It’s probably an issue in your environment. Vast majority of 21H2 systems I’ve pushed this month’s updates to are complete no errors.

You’re probably going to have dig into your logs, might be worth it to turn on debug level detail.

Gotcha, good to know it isn’t just something with those updates though. Thanks!