Patch gathering

Hello

Can you help me to know the content of the current version of a site. For example the current version of the Patches for RHEL 8 site is 74. How can I know the content of this version or the patches contained in this version. If possible to know the downloaded content and compare it with the content proposed by HCL.

I would also like to know how to force the gathering of patches for a particular site. On which log I can check that BigFix has connected to the HCL editor’s site and that it hasn’t found anything, for example

Sincerely

I believe what you’re looking for is the GatherDB.log on the root BES server. Check our wiki for details on log file locations.

Additionally, you can refer to the Content Modification announcements that are published here on the BigFix forum.

I do not believe that the Release Announcements email service is in service any longer.

FYI: BigFix Mailing Lists

1 Like

You can also subscribe to the Release Announcements Category here in the Forum.

1. Click your Forum avatar picture at the upper-right, then click the “Gear” icon

2. In the left-side menu, expand Notifications, then Categories. Click in the “Watched” area to select the Categories of the forum that you wish to “Watch”. When you “Watch” a category, you will receive an email message for new postings in that Category. You may wish to watch the “Release Announcements” category, or one of the sub-categories such as Patch (Release Announcements)

1 Like

If you’re building your own automation to watch updates to BigFix Sites, you can either connect directly to the site using a browser, or use the Airgap Tool to download the sites and import them into another BigFix Root Server to preview what’s in a Site.

When you select a Site in the Console and check the Details tab, you can see the Site Version and the Gather URL for that site:

You can connect to that Site using a browser to check its version from our Gather servers and compare the version to what you have in the Console:

1 Like

What if gather says you are current but you are not?