Patch for Linux show all competed but fail

When we deploy the patches to Linux, why it show fail but all the action scripts are completed.

Hi @bearandy,

Its looks like your all action script ran successfully, the only reason its showing failed because success criteria of fixlet is selected as “Evaluate fixlet applicability relevance false” thus after action completed fixlets evaluated its applicability relevance and found still fixlets is relevant, that’s why action status is showing as “failed”, though all action script of fixlet ran successfully.

Curiously,

Have you installed the linux plugin which downloads the patches?

That may be causing your issue.

I installed the REHL and CentOS Plugin but there is no Ubuntu Plugin.

So…How should I resolve the issue?

And it seems not installed the patch successfully. This computer still relevance to this fixlet.

Hi @bearandy

Un-register and re-register the plugin,

Verifie the access to the sites as per below TechNote
https://support.hcltechsw.com/csm?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0075559

Also check the repos

\Program Files (x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\DownloadPlugins\RHSMProtocol>RHSMPlugin.exe --check-allrepos

1 Like

@bearandy, have you executed the Ubuntu Whitelist fixlet against your root BES server? Did you pull the associated BESClient logs from the endpoint in question? Can you post the relevant log data to this thread? I would imagine that the exit code of 100 would be identified in said BESClient log.

Hi, All

Ubuntu : All action scripts Completed. But still fail.

Redhat: always fail at exit {(parameter “exit_code”) as integer}

I can not upload the logs here.

Thanks.

@bearandy, without BESClient or EDR logs, or relevant data, it’s not going to be possible help any further. I would suggest opening a support case with L2.

@bearandy, I got the EDR logs from @MattMangan and see the following error message.

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run ‘dpkg --configure -a’ to correct the problem.

Do you feel comfortable creating a remediation fixlet to address this matter?

@bearandy, I’ve uploaded an example fixlet to my personal GitHub that will execute the necessary DPKG command. Please take a look and let me know if your Ubuntu patching is successful after executing on your test endpoints.

IMPORTANT : All content in my personal GitHub is provided as-is and without warranty. Any questions should be directed to me via DM on this forum.

2 Likes