Patch download slow on Linux SuSE

Hi All,

Recently i have tried to patch Linux SuSE OS in my environment. However, the download process was very slow, like 1 fixlet for half an hour/more to complete. I saw few recommendation which to enable persistent connection and enable command polling. But the patch download was just very slow, compared to when I perform patch on windows servers.

If I run command to see the logs using powershell, it’s showing downloading, but later it’s failing. Have you ever experienced this? How did this issue be resolved?

looking for the same issue.

You are probably running into dependency resolution and package installation, which is done separately for each Fixlet.

You can overcome this situation using the Multiple Package Baseline Installation feature of BigFix Patch.

Use the Enable the Multiple-Package Baseline Installation feature task or the Enable the Multiple-Package Baseline Installation feature task to set the flag that instructs Fixlets to add packages to a list instead of installing them. The flag is cleared after the baseline is completed. You must add the appropriate task at the start of the baseline to allow the installation of multiple packages from a single command.

I have done that and it’s still the same