Parameter within Success Criteria

Does anyone know if it is possible to incorporate action parameter query values within success criteria?

For instance, if the Action script of a fixlet has a value assigned to a parameter via the operator typing in a value after being prompted during action deployment, is there a way to have that value passed to the success criteria, besides piping the result to a text file?

1 Like

Yes, I believe you can use any kind of parameter in success criteria. I have done this before, though I’m having trouble finding examples.

I also just tried to write some session relevance to return success criteria to look for examples more easily but there doesn’t seem to be an obvious property for that.

I’ve seen a fixlet where CDATA and MIME fields were used to allow an action parameter to be used in success criteria, but I don’t think it works for action parameter queries, where the Operator inputs the parameter value dynamically during fixlet deployment. Here is the example that doesn’t seem to work for action parameter queries: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Tivoli%20Endpoint%20Manager/page/Creating%20a%20Fixlet%20template%20for%20the%20Fixlet%20Maker

1 Like