Output a percent symbol in the debugger?

I’m having some trouble in the 9.5.7 debugger. I’m trying to output a literal percent symbol ("%") as part of my output, but I can’t percent-encode it correctly? It should be character 0x25 but won’t output correctly, regardless of the “percent encode results” option.

q: version of client
A: 9.5.7.90
I: singular version

q:"%"
E: A string constant had an improper %-sequence.

q: "%25"
A: %25
I: singular string

q: "%22"
A: "
I: singular string

This is outputting a literal % it is just percent encoded.

How do I not percent-encode the result? Seems the same whether I toggle that switch in the preferences.

I’m building a debugger relevance that parses a driver .INF file, and the result should itself be a valid fixlet relevance to determine whether the driver is relevant (I copy/paste the result to a fixlet relevance).

"%25" in relevance will match % in a file.

So if you are trying to match %this% in a file, then in relevance, it is %25this%25

What it matches is never the % encoded result, only how the fixlet debugger displays it is what changes.

You can change the option in Fixlet Debugger to not show the percent encoded results like this as well (I think @jgstew mentioned this somewhere else)

1 Like

That option doesn’t seem to be working for me, I get the same result either way

2 Likes

I was researching a similar issue with WebUI and %25 today.
Sorry for the thread resurrection.

Jason, I see the same change in behavior.
9.2.17 and earlier, Fixlet Debugger would percent decode a %25 into % if the “Percent Encode Results” checkbox is cleared.
9.5.0 and later, the Fixlet Debugger always returns %25 regardless of the “Percent Encode Results” checkbox.

For your use case, you could use the 9.2.17 Fixlet Debugger for your copy paste parsing exercise.
http://software.bigfix.com/download/bes/92/util/QNA9.2.17.28.zip

1 Like

For those playing at home… I’m opening a support case for this. I’ll update the thread with the results.

1 Like

Thanks very much!
For my use case, I ended up sending an action to a client and parse the results into an XML that I can upload back into the console. Unfortunately, while this was really neat, I had to leave it behind at my old workplace and haven’t had occasion (yet) to build new driver fixlets.