Outlook 2003 deployment

(imported topic written by wolverine23)

I’m using an advertisement installation of outlook 2003 with administrative installation and MST file from null session folder.

It is working fine, only I have a problem.

After advertisement installation is done, the user needs to execute the shortcut from :

Start - programs - microsoft office - microsoft office outlook 2003

Also it is working fine because the outlook is installed with the same configuration the user had.

I tried to start the link adding the command in the action after this installation, this command line function work but I get fatal xp error with this command.

dos ““microsoft office outlook 2003.lnk””

Someone knows anhoter form to execute lnk files when an application is installed from bigfix ?

For the user the installation needs to be transparent.

thanks.

regards

wolverine.

(imported comment written by jessewk)

Wolverine,

I’m not sure I understand what’s wrong, but maybe the information in this post would help?:

http://forum.bigfix.com/viewtopic.php?id=395

-Jesse

(imported comment written by wolverine23)

Hi, Jesse

Specifically I have an advertisement installation of outlook 2003 ( task ) as follow:

1.Wait “\server\office2003admin\setup.exe” /jm “\server\office2003admin\off2003admin\pro11.msi” /t “\server\office2003admin\outlook.mst” /qb- /nocancel=1

2.DOS cmd /c “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.lnk”

When I send the action from bigfix I get the next message :

Error signature

AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6565.0 AppStamp:42cacc7d

ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6568.0 Mod Stamp:42e18ef6

fDebug: 0 Offset: 0003446c

The first command is function normally, the problem is the second command ( dos cmd )

But if execute this commands manually, outlook 2003 is installed successfully.

Any idea, thanks.

regards.

wolverine.