OSD deployment tool offline (USB) of captured Win10 1809 WIM fails

Thanks for taking time to point all that out to me . makes perfectly good since and it also is true the boot sequence was start with USB. I will update tomorrow in morning progress. Thanks .

Hi,
alternatively to have the local disk before the deployment media in the boot list, you can also keep the boot order as is and, while creating the deployment media, select the option “Boot at user request only”.
This will make the computer to ask to “press a key” to start from the deployment media and it must be done the first time to start it, at the following unattended restarts it will pass to the local disk.
Thanks.

1 Like

Okay thanks to all that provided such great information. I have successfully completed to image deployments on the Surface Book 2 computer. The hard drive was being blocked by the secure boot control as that was not disabled . Question the vga settings was not correct as it was set for 1024x768 instead of recommended 3240x2160 , how is that normally adjusted as i don’t see that option in the process? The image was captured from the VM Ware guest so is that where those settings are gathered from and if so do you adjust it there prior to the capture ?

I don’t think you’d have much luck setting the screen resolution prior to capture, as the video drivers get reset as part of the Sysprep process.

It’s a good question, for which I don’t have an answer right now. I think I’ve been fortunate in that either the new video driver installation sets a good default when it gets installed, or my users adjusted it to their preference themselves.

Hi,
you can set that screen resolution adding these settings to the [Default] section of the manual tab of your bare metal profile:
XResolution=3240
YResolution=2160
Thanks.

1 Like

Sergio, thanks for the details. I will let everyone know how the process goes. Working on it now.