OS Deployment Windows reimage issue

All actions pop as ‘not relevant’ when I try to image a laptop. The laptop is a Windows 10 machine and is on our network/domain. I can ping the machine from our image server. The MTD bundle was created on that machine and the image was also pulled from the same machine. Drivers were pulled from the Dell website for the model of the laptop. Not sure what my next step would be.

Hi, check with qna tool on problematic machine whether all relevance showing true. and also when you doing reimage of OS laptop should be connected with charger other wise it will show not relevant.

@ncava001 were you able to troubleshoot this issue ? I am facing the same and unable to determine the cause

Hi,
could you please check the general relevance of the Multiple Action Group? It can be seen in the “Part1” action in the action list. It depends on the initial and final OS version but for example mine is:

(name of it = “Win7” OR name of it = “Win8” OR name of it = “Win8.1” OR name of it = “Win10”) of operating system AND (version of operating system <= “10.0.18363.418”) AND (NOT (exists running application “BESRootServer.exe” AND exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” whose (exists value “BESInstalled” of it AND value “BESInstalled” of it = 1) of x32 registry) AND NOT exists regapp “besrelay.exe”) AND (NOT exist key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\ImageInfo” whose (exists value “ReimageActionPairID” whose (it as string >= “1585326524285”) of it) of x32 registry) AND (plugged of power level) AND version of client >= “9.2.5” as version AND not in proxy agent context AND exists site whose (name of it is “OS Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging”)

So for example: which is your initial and final version of OS? Do you have BigFix server on it (computer with BigFix main server cannot be reimaged)? If it’s a laptop, is it plugged with charger? Is the computer subscribed to OSD site?

Thanks.

Hi Are trying os upgradation in laptop?

it’s the same relevance , and i am just deploying a different image of windows 10 , same version but has more apps … I also tried with a different client that has windows 10 1903 and the OS i am deploying is 1909 … both are subscribed to OSD site as i updated them previously from windows 10 1703 …

no it’s a desktop …

Hi,
here I report the single conditions (one each line) for the relevance. Could you please try to run them one by one (via Fixlet Debugger) on the target machine to see which is the one that reports “False”? (Some of them could be slightly different from yours due to the level of upgrade)
For example: did you install a bigfix relay on that computer since the previous reimage?

(name of it = “Win7” OR name of it = “Win8” OR name of it = “Win8.1” OR name of it = “Win10”) of operating system

version of operating system <= “10.0.18363.418”

NOT (exists running application “BESRootServer.exe” AND exists key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\Enterprise Server” whose (exists value “BESInstalled” of it AND value “BESInstalled” of it = 1) of x32 registry)

NOT exists regapp “besrelay.exe”

(NOT exist key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BigFix\EnterpriseClient\ImageInfo” whose (exists value “ReimageActionPairID” whose (it as string >= “1585326524285”) of it) of x32 registry)

plugged of power level

version of client >= “9.2.5” as version

not in proxy agent context

exists site whose (name of it is “OS Deployment and Bare Metal Imaging”)

Thanks.

Yes, The MDT bundle was not complete due to our network blocking some of the required data.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks. I think that this refers to the other post -> Capture Windows 10 Laptop Image

hello guys , thanks for the help , i guess the issue happens only when I deploy the same image more than once on the same PC