OS Deployment - The System cannot find the file specified

We have multiple Baremetal Servers across our offices. All the sites are working fine expect one .
It does PXE boot and load boot.wim after the startnet.cmd says 1 file copied.

Its fails saying:
Rbagent command startwinpe2 has failed
The System cannot find the file specified

The Legacy mode works perfectly fine for the same site but UEFI with secure boot is failing

The logs does not through any errors i tried enabling detailed logging

1 Like

The actual problem is just a bit earlier in the log than what your screenshot is showing, I think.

While this may need a support ticket, I’d also check that this bare metal server has properly synced (forcing a full sync, if necessary) and is set for ‘WinPE Direct Boot for UEFI Targets’ - configured with the ‘Edit’ dialog for that server in the Manage Bare Metal Servers dashboard.

If it’s booting from the bare metal server in UEFI mode, it may be failing to write the boot options to the system UEFI after it downloads the image. That coukd be a problem with the specific model/firmware version of the target, so you might also check whether there is a firmware flash available for whatever model of machine you have on the target.

Hello,
is the target computer booted in UEFI or BIOS mode?
In case it’s booted in UEFI mode, do you have “WinPE direct boot for UEFI targets” enabled or not?
Could you please send the details of the MDT bundle used for the deployment (from Bundle and Media manager dashboard, “Resource info” details).
Could you please take a short video of the target computer when the code is running in the dos shell, to be able to see the logs before?
Thanks.

It Works in BIOS mode but it gives error in UEFI mode. We have 5 Bare metal server at different location all works perfectly.
Also the issue wont be because of fireware as the same model are imaged in different locations and they are successful

From Console Dashboard and TPMOSD URL when i check it shows Network boot protocol Errors

It shows following error after doing PXE Boot

The MDT Resource details

Hi,
does the same computer model work on other bare metal servers? This to know if this can be related to the specific hardware.
Do you have “WinPE direct boot for UEFI targets” enabled? Do you have the same setting (enabled or disabled) also on the working bare metal servers?
In case it’s enabled, it seems that the bare metal server has not been able to correctly configure the WinPE module for direct module. We should increase the log level to “Notices” (editing bare metal server properties on bare metal server dashboard) and check the bare metal server traces (vm.trc) at server start, when the module is configured.
In case it’s disabled, it could depend on the NVRAM of the target computer.
Thanks.

The issue is resolved. This was due to firewall Rules.

Thanks @sergio_tarchi for your inputs for the issue

Can you elaborate? This might be helpful to others. Was it a rule on the OSD server? What port/service did you need to open?