OS count for multiple groups

The following relevance will give me the number of assets running an OS for assets in a specific group (DEV1)

(it & " (" & multiplicity of it as string & “)”) of unique values of preceding texts of firsts " " of operating systems of elements of intersection of ((member set of it) of bes computer group whose (name of it = “DEV1”); (subscribed computer set of it) of all bes sites whose (custom site flag of it and name of it is “CUSTOM_SITE”))

The output would look something like this:
Win10 (6)
Win2008 (9)
Win2008R2 (97)
Win2012 (3)
Win2012R2 (54)

I’m trying to figure out how i could accomplish the same but for multiple groups (ie. DEV1, DEV2, DEV3). I haven’t had any luck yet and am hoping someone could help.

Thanks!

Actually, i think i may have sorted it out. Looks like this does the job

(it & " (" & multiplicity of it as string & “)”) of unique values of preceding texts of firsts " " of operating systems of elements of intersection of ((member set of it) of bes computer group whose (name of it = “DEV1”)+(member set of it) of bes computer group whose (name of it = “DEV2”)+(member set of it) of bes computer group whose (name of it = “DEV3”); (subscribed computer set of it) of all bes sites whose (custom site flag of it and name of it is “CUSTOM_SITE”))

As usual, there’s more than one way to do this in Relevance.

If I’m reading the relevance right (and there’s no guarantee!), I think this will give you the operating system counts for any machine that is a member of any of those three groups. Is that what you want, or do you want a separate OS count for each group’s membership?

This query should give you separate counts for each group in a custom site:

q: (name of it, (it, multiplicity of it) of unique values of preceding texts of firsts " " of operating systems of members of it) of bes computer groups whose (name of site of it = "My_Site_Name")
The result would like like
A: Group1, ( Win2012R2, 20 )
A: Group1, ( Win2016, 58 )
A: Group2, ( Win2012R2, 20 )
A: Group2, ( Win2016, 58 )

From there you can filter which groups you’d like, along the lines of
q: (name of it, (it, multiplicity of it) of unique values of preceding texts of firsts " " of operating systems of members of it) of bes computer groups whose (name of site of it = "My_Site_Name" and (name of it = "DEV1" or name of it = "DEV2" or name of it = "DEV3"))

1 Like

Thanks @JasonWalker I was just looking to get the OS count (I’m actually using this relevance for the baseline creation dashboard you shared - i needed to make some changes for my environment). What you provided is helpful. Especially the first query.

Thanks again!