Open UDP 52311 confirmation?

(imported topic written by cstoneba)

in a fixlet, is there a way to detect if the TEM client is receiving UDP 52311 “pings” from its relay? I know i could push a blank action to identify not reported endpoint, but I want some reportable.

Also, does 52311 UDP need to be open from parent relay to child relay, or just from relay to client?

(imported comment written by amelgares)

I was just troubleshooting UDP messages last week. Here are some things to help:

You can create a property using “last command time of client” to see the last UDP message time.

I found this Windows tool to be very helpful to test UDP messages:

UDP Test Tool 3.0

www.SimpleComTools.com

I used this tool on the server, relays, and clients to send/receive UDP messages on 52311. You will need to stop the BESclient to bind/listen on port 52311.

• Aaron

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

thanks. “
last command time of client” appears to be working.

(imported comment written by jgstew)

I did not know about “last command time of client”, very useful.

Previously I had used the following: “Number of UDP commands received by client?”

number of lines whose(it contains “GatherHashMV command received” OR it contains “DownloadPing command received” OR it contains “ForceRefresh command received”) of files whose((name of it ends with “.log” OR name of it ends with “.bkg”) AND exists lines of it) of folder “__BESData__Global\Logs” of parent folder of client

http://bigfix.me/analysis/details/2994568