Open Mic: Using BigFix Software Distribution (October 7th, 2015)

Announcing an upcoming OpenMic webcast event!

Event: Using BigFix Software Distribution
Date/: October 7th, 2015
Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes.
Presenters: Christian Castro and Hubert Fort from our IEM/BigFix L2 Support organization along with a panel of other product experts arrayed from our product management, development, and services teams.

For conference information and to add this event to your calendar click here.

Please post any questions you might have before and after the event in reply to this topic.

To join the mailing list that for notifications about IBM Security Support Open Mic webcasts, send an e-mail to isssprt@us.ibm.com with the subject line: ste subscribe Endpoint And Mobility Management

2 Likes

Kindly post the registration link to this event.
Thanks

I’m brand new to the BigFix management suite. Is this particular webinar suited for a complete newbie? :slight_smile:

I think it would be beneficial for you as it would show you the BigFix
offering and capability of deploying software to endpoints. I don’t think it would be too over your head as a BigFix newbie.

Updated the post with the link to the registration and calendar invite.

How do you check if a action script parameter has not been defined or is null? This is to prevent the error that a parameter is already defined.

I attempted the following:
if {exists subnet addresses whose (it as string contains “125.101.0.0”) of ip interfaces whose (loopback of it = false) of network}
if {parameter “repository_hostname” = “”}
parameter “repository_hostname” = "zbase_repo"
parameter “repository_ipaddress” = "198.235.144.201"
parameter “repository_export_path” = "/sis/software"
endif
endif

which failed with:
Failed if {parameter “repository_hostname” = “”}
ActionLogMessage: (action:16618) Relevance substitution error.

One of the potential issues mentioned during the OpenMic was a scenario where when you are uploading a file through the Software Distribution dashboard the File is uploading message never seems to go away to indicate a successful upload of the software package to the BigFix Server. This problem is typical when the BigFix database is a remote database and is on a different machine then the BigFix server application. See this article for a solution: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21967348

Was the webcast recorded and can it be made available?

as part of the following playlist:

which is found in our larger channel community in YouTube: