Open Action that reboots based on Maintenance Windows

Requirements

1. action for reboot using recurring maintenance window for endpoints for testing purposes weekly every day for one week that has a 30 maintenance minute window.
    Process
  2. Action fixlet that is open and reapply the action when ever become relevant again unlimited times.
  3. Action constraints are in maintenance window matches True.
  4. I am trying to make the action become relevant again after the action completes which typically will not run again.
  5. I am trying to use this relevance in the fixlet relevance as i used that before but the action shows status fixed . maybe i did not wait long enough but it did not change back to constrained.

(version of client >= β€œ6.0.0.0”) AND (exists true whose (if true then (name of operating system contains β€œWin” AND (not exists last active time of it or (now - last active time of it) > (50 *minute)) of action) else false))

Use Webui Patch Policy, define your scope for that custom fixlet, create schedule and add target !!!

Based on that patch policy will auto create reboot job weekly for that given time for that target machines.

so I created a custom content for reboot. Relevance is true. No patching content. I have attempted to schedule the activity daily and now weekly to run on a singe target and the policy is active. I cannot for some reason get the action to run. I even added precache to see if it would start the action.

Test Auto Reboot Schedule on MS-BIGFIX-02 Weekly
Frequency Weekly WednesdayTime11:00 Client Time (20 minutes)
Targets1 Device
Maintenance WindowNo
Start Time14 Sep 2021 12:00

Pre-cache Downloads2 hours before
Stagger Start TimeNo
Skip ErrorsYesRetry On Failure1 time, wait 10 minutes
Force Restart immediately after

When you say custom content for reboot, is it fixlet or task or baseline? Please note WebUI still not mature enough to get Task or baseline, it can only support Fixlets at the moment and fixlet must have default action.

Also were you able to see your custom content under custom content tab after creating the patch policy? if its not there there will be no action.

thanks for your help and that option of creating custom fixlet worked with a force reboot. Great idea. Thanks again for response.

1 Like