One computer, list of its properties

I am trying to get a report that users can run that will allow them to enter a system name, and it will retrieve a list of custom properties for that system - vertically instead of horizontally. In other words,

Property 1 Name Property 1 Value
Property 2 Name Property 2 Value

Since we are checking on hundreds of possible values, the horizontal “Header/Column Value” is not practical. Can someone get me headed in the right direction on how to do this from within reports. We can get the properties in vertical format in the BigFix console, I’m just looking to do the same from Web Report.

Thanks

Ken Sheldon

1 Like

(names of properties of it, values of it) of property results of bes computers whose (id of it = 10221414)

Returns all of the reported properties for the given computer.

(names of properties of it, values of it) of property results whose (name of property of it is contained by set of ("Property1";"Property2";"Property3")) of bes computers whose (id of it = 10221414)
should limit to only the properties in which you’re interested, but I haven’t tested that, so further testing is left as an exercise for the reader.

Jason -

I was able to get this to work - sort of - in Presentation Debugger. A few questions arise:

1: Is it possible to use this in Web Reports, since this is where we will be using this? If so, how does one set it up.
2: We need to be able to select the computer by Computer Name, since that is how the end users will be selecting them. Will a web reports filter by Computer Name work here?
3: We only need to pull the properties from a certain group / site. How is this done?

At least I’m off the starting blocks. I just need a little more coaching…

Ken

1. Yes, it can be used in Web Reports. I haven’t tried anything like that with the default reports, but you can create a custom report and include a query like this in the HTML or JavaScript. For HTML, use a tag and format it as HTML like

<? relevance (names of properties of it, values of it) of property results whose (name of property of it is contained by set of ("Property1";"Property2";"Property3")) of bes computers whose (name of it as lowercase = "myhost1") >

I’m not sure whether a Web Reports Filter will work there. One thing I frequently do in a web report is to have a textarea control, populated with a Relevance string, and then use the JavaScript function “EvaluateRelevance(strRelevance)” to evaluate the relevance from the textarea. You can use HTML controls to update the relevance string in the textarea to let them select their filter criteria. For instance, you might use EvaluateRelevance() to build a drop-down list containing all computer names, and after they select one have a JavaScript function update the Relevance String Textarea to update the query to include the hostname they selected.

To limit by certain group names or sites, you would need to update the filter on the “property results” clause. I’m not sure the exact syntax but it’s likely something like

property results whose (name of site of source analysis of it = "CustomSite_MySiteName" AND name of property of it is contained by set of ("Property1";"Property2";"Property3")

If you’re limiting to a single computer though…it may be easier to just find this through “browse computers”…

1 Like