Office 365 - November patches

Fixlet ID: 365112041
Site: Patches for Windows

Struggling to identify why half my environment is not relevant to the new Office 365 Version 16.0.16130.20846 Available - Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel - Office 365 (Update from Local Client Cache)

I typically leverage the same Semi-Annual Enterprise channel fixlets, clear the relevancy statement #4, and push Action #6, without issues.

This month - It’ll spend the 10 minutes around this action below stuck in a “Waiting” Task - show complete for the task, but then failed for the status of the fixlet deployment overall.

waithidden {“%22” & value “ClientFolder” of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration” of native registry as string & “\OfficeC2RClient.exe%22 /update user updatepromptuser=False displaylevel=False updatetoversion=16.0.16130.20846”}

Parameter “timeout” = “{now}”

pause while {( now-parameter “timeout” as time ) < 10 * minute AND Not exists value “DisplayVersion” whose (it as string as version = “16.0.16130.20846” ) of keys whose (value “DisplayName” of it as string as lowercase contains “365”) of key “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of native registry}

Last month I used Fixlet ID: 365102085 / Semi Annual preview Version 20810 in the same regard.

…Any suggestions?

1 Like

There are Syntax errors in the Action Script. Can we have this re-released. Who do we need to contact at HCL? Please note the error found naming the registry hives in Action#4 , Action #6 and probably others.

//English (United States)
if {exists value "ClientCulture" whose(it as string as lowercase = "en-us") of keys "HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftOfficeClickToRunConfiguration" of native registry}

The syntax should look like
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\ProductReleaseIDs"

I just reported this to development and will see that it gets fixed.

1 Like

Thank you greatly for the assistance, in the mean time the solution I’ve found is to push a registry key;

This seems to resolve the issue for me so far, some PC’s are still on a previous CDN Base URL from prior months patching.

1 Like

Keep an eye out on the forum for the updated content release announcement. Dev says it should be sorted out today.

2 Likes

I appreciate your help in relaying.

Hi All,
The issue has been addressed and should be available in the latest version in the next couple of hours
Thank you

1 Like

Hi All,
The changes are available on
Site Name: Patches for Windows
Version:4295

1 Like