Office 365 installation completed but action returns exit code :17002 or 17004

Hello Guys,

Im finding some issues while deploying Microsoft Office 2016.

Though my action completes successfully but exit code returns 17002 or 17004.

I dont know why it returns this exit code but as per my inspection wherever i found this exit code MS Office fails to install.

Same task executes on another system and got installed and exit code returns 0.

Apart from that it successfullly creates folder into clients drive and completes all the steps mentioned in fixlet.

Please help, thanks in advance.!

I’ve had issues in the past while installing office components when other versions are present, or if there are office components running at the time of installation. I seem to remember having similar return codes. I would check directly on the endpoint to see if you can pick anything else up in the msi install log file.

Check for differences in your endpoints that you are targeting - do they have any office components already installed etc?

Other things you can try is manual installation under the same conditions and seeing if it also fails with the same code.

1 Like

Thanks GwyndafDavies.

I got the solution. If you have any 365 product installed on your system this will return exit code 17002 or 17004.

I tried uninstallation and then initiated to install the MS Office 2016.

Also if you already have office 2003,2007 or 2010, MS Office 2016 gets installed.

I have also same issue with Office 2019. Should i have to complete uninstall and then re-install the my Office 2019 Suite appplication.

Thanks & Regards
Jacobs
From Chatitnow

Welcome Back…Manoj

1 Like