Office 2019 click to run

I included the latest office 2019 click to run fixlet in my baseline for win10 systems. I selected action 3 so that it will force close any running office apps. What i’m seeing is that the fixlet stays in a ‘running’ state for the entire duration of the maintenance window and never makes it to the reboot fixlet at the end of the baseline and the office update is not applied. The besclient log says it started and completed successfully. I’m wondering if others have experienced something similar and if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!

Command started - waithidden “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe” /update user updatepromptuser=False forceappshutdown=True displaylevel=False updatetoversion=16.0.10376.20033

Command succeeded (Exit Code=0) waithidden “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe” /update user updatepromptuser=False forceappshutdown=True displaylevel=False

This may suggest that command is trying to prompt something to screen which isn’t allowed in the way the client works. Have you run that command separately?

I agree with AlanM but the commands are from HCL and have the options to NOT prompt user. However, I wonder if the fixlet is having an issue force closing the app. It sends the command to force close but it never completes?

Just a thought.

My impression is that ‘forceappshutdown=True’ causes a dialog to appear. If the users ignore it so they can carry on working, OfficeC2RClient doesn’t return.