Office 2007 SP3

(imported topic written by gcibirch91)

Hi

when is the fixlet due out for the abouve Service Pack?

Thanks

(imported comment written by gcibirch91)

Hi any news on this?

(imported comment written by SystemAdmin)

We would like to know the timeframe as well.

We are planning to release the Fixlets for Office 2007 SP3 by early next week (week of 21 Nov).

The Fixlet for Office 2007 SP3 (ID:56202) was published.

We’ve receintly upgraded a number of clients to Office 2007 SP 3. Below are issues found.

1. “Microsoft Office Suite Information (Windows)” Analysis shows SP3 installs as SP2

2. I see a number of clients reported as failed with an exit code of 0. I checked one client and it’s version of Winword was 12.0.6514 when the fixlet was checking for 12.0.6612.100. The client shows SP3 installed and no errors were found in the event viewer.

1. The “Microsoft Office Suite Information (Windows)” Analysis has not been updated yet. The new Analysis based on SP3 will be published in a few days.

2. Could you check whether update KB974631 for Office Word is installed on your clients? Based on our investigation, the SP3 can be installed over this update, but the file version for “winword.exe” does not update. It seems to be an Microsoft Office SP3 installer problem.

I just spot checked on computer that shows as failed and it does appear that kb974631 is installed. So would have uninstalling this update prior resulted in better success rate? Is there a way I can resolve it after the fact?

Our success rate:

14 Fixed

22 Failed

(imported comment written by jeremylam)

The “Microsoft Office Suite Information (Windows)” Analysis has been updated in version 123 of the BES Inventory and License site for Microsoft Office 2007 SP3.

The update KB947631 and SP3 both can not be uninstalled. You can create a custom copy of the SP3 fixlet and add the following relevance to it.

"exists key whose (((it = “12” AND it < “) of (value “DisplayVersion” of it as string as version)) AND (((length of it <= 38) AND (it contains “000000FF1CE}” AND ((it = “0011” OR it = “0012” OR it = “0013” OR it = “0014” OR it = “002E” OR it = “002F” OR it = “0030” OR it = “0031” OR it = “0033” OR it = “0035” OR it = “00CA”) of last 4 of (first 14 of it)))) of (name of it)) AND exists value “DisplayName” of it) of key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall” of registry”

The fixed and failed clients should report as not relevant since they already have SP3 installed.