October 2022 delayed MS patches

When you expect to put these patches in big fix ? these are OS patches and we would have to re work on baseline if its not released soon . I can see the patches in MS site , so why its not there in Big fix ?

Not to speak for the Patch team, but the Exchange updates often take longer to package as they often don’t follow Microsoft’s format for patch installation and require a wider array of options.

1 Like

This also contain IE patches which is applicable for most of the servers . If its delayed then we need to create separate baseline and push that again . Its hit to the compliance and seems to be common issues with HCL now a days

Can we expect a fast reply from HCL on this pls ?

Hi Vishal,
The team is working on the same and content will be released once we are done with the testing, also the delay is not because of Bigfix but because Microsoft released them late.
Thank you

Girish - Bigfix- Patch

3 Likes

Thats a same issue we reported earlier , where in patches are there in MS site but not in Big fix which cause delay in overall patching process and impact our compliance . Would take this to our TAM as seems its not getting improved

Vishal

As Girish Indicated, and is indicated within our release announcement. The result of the delay is on MS not dropping the patches at the same time. The team picked up the patches when MS delivered them, and started work. I understand this may be an impact to your ongoing operations, I understand this is not optimal, but we are reflecting the latency from MS here and we are trying to relay our observations through the release notes. We need to follow the same QA procedures for the new patches so unfortunately this pressed the timeframe back for the affected patches.

Mike - BigFix Patch

4 Likes

KB5018413, It is currently missing the one from server 2012r2 -
2022-10 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64-based systems (KB5018413)

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5018413

Just published, see

1 Like

Great. Thank you… Kevin

Guys , where is the notification for security updates of November and patches has not started coming yet … its a big delay and would impact entire patch cycle for us