Number of Endpoints Reporting to a Relay

(imported topic written by TJessee)

I am trying to create a report that will allow me to display the Relay and then the number of Endponts that relay has reporting to it. Is this even possible?

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Here is a simple but fully functional custom report as a starting example for you.

Let me know if you need help.

<?relevance ( html "" & html ("") & it & html "
Relay Number of Clients
" ) of concatenations of trs of (td of it & td "align=right" of (multiplicity of it as string)) of unique values of relay servers of bes computers ?>

(imported comment written by TJessee)

Lee,

That report worked perfectly. Thank you very much for the quick response.

(imported comment written by MBARTOSH)

I would like a report like this but number of relay per location.

(imported comment written by VipulSri)

Hello Lee,

This session relevance seems to give an output where a Relay has some endpoints reporting to it, if there is no endpoint report to the relay then that relay is not coming in the list.

Is there a way to get the other relays which do not have any endpoints reporting to it in this list?

Thanks

Vipul

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

same question for me. this would be helpful in identifying Relays that are not being utilized.

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

anyone?

(imported comment written by MaherBA)

Hello all,

Please tell me how can i use the same relevance but to create a property in IEM to know how number of clients per relay?

Per advance, thanks.

(imported comment written by TJessee)

MetalMan,

In the Console, If you expand Computers, then expand By Retrieved Properties then expand By Relay. It gives a number of endpoints reporting to the relay.

Hope that helps, quick but dirty.

Hi TJessee,

Thank you for your answer. I do the same thing to find it :slight_smile:

I wanted to define a property to add it in my relays alanysis to calculate it properly.

Best regards

(imported comment written by kapax00)

MetalMan,

the problem is that both console and WebReports are using “session relevance”, that is evaluated based on the IEM database content, while the agent properties are retrieved with agent’s relevance, that is evaluated inspecting data/information local to the endpoint(s).

You would have to “calculate” the number of reporting endpoints on all the relays with some mechanisms. While this may be possible by extracting some information from the relay files, the possibility to have inconsistent results is depending on the stability of your network topology (for instance an endpoint may be “moving” from one relay to another… and you may count it twice on different relays depending on the timing).

The key file to obtain the information about reporting endpoints on a relay would be the file:

\ClientRegisterData\registrationlist.db

In version 8.x and previous this file was a flat text file, but since version 9.x it has been changed into a sqlite db file.

In principle you could have a fixlet to periodically run a sql query to output the count of “currently” registered/active endpoints of the relay on a file and read it with the standard agent’s relevance.

I’m not sure what is the format of the timestamp used in the registration list and what filtering would be really meaningful.

I hope this helps…

Hello Kapax00,

Thank you very much for this information. Yes it helps :slight_smile:

Best regards

(imported comment written by kapax00)

MetalMan,

for your info I narrowed down a sqlite query that outputs the endpoints that have registered with the Relay in the last 24 hours.

assuming that you have sqlite available this is activated interactively by:

sqlite3 registrationlist.db

.mode column

.width 10 10 20 20

select ComputerID,ParentID, strftime(’%s’, ‘now’) - RegistrationTime as Age,IPAddress from COMPUTER_REGISTRATIONS where Age < 86400 order by Age

there is a way to run it also as a batch command

Bye