Number of Cores Enterprise Wide

(imported topic written by jcsUTSW)

Anyone know how I can get the total number of processor cores for my entire enterprise?

I already have ‘total processor core count’ pulling in results for each machine. How do I get the sum of all?

Thanks

(imported comment written by Lee Wei)

Assuming that the name of your Retrieved Property is “Processor Core Count”, the relevance statement is:

sum of (value of it as integer) of results of bes property “Processor Core Count”

(imported comment written by jcsUTSW)

Thanks Lee Wei…

I run that where? Presentation debugger, web reports?

If you just want to know this once, then the Presentation Debugger in the BES Console is probably sufficient.

If you want to save it for reporting later, here is an example for Web Reports. Goto “Create”, then Blank Report at the bottom and paste this as the body of the report.

Total Processor Core Count:

<?relevance sum of (value of it as integer) of results of bes property "Processor Core Count" ?>

Weird… My Results

Total Processor Core Count: Singular expression refers to nonexistent object.

What is the name of your retrieved property?

“Processor Core Count” is just an example. So you have to find the correct name.

Lee Wei

What is the name of your retrieved property?
“Processor Core Count” is just an example. So you have to find the correct name.

Yeah my property is named “Total Processor Core Count” - not very creative I know…

This is the report…

Total Processor Core Count:

<?relevance sum of (value of it as integer) of results of bes property "Total Processor Core Count" ?>

I’ve tried swapping in a different property thats part of the same analysis and get the same results. Strange.

(imported comment written by jessewk)

You can try using ids instead of names. It’s also possbile that singular expression error is b/c not all the results can be cast as integers. Try this:

sum of (it as integer) of values whose (exists it as integer) of results whose (not error flag of it) of property 1 of fixlet 1 of all bes sites whose (name of it = “ActionSite”)

You need to replace three things in the expression above: property id , fixlet id , and site name (if your analysis lives in a non-master operator site)

I am sure there is a good explanation.

• Does the session relevance work in the BES Console using the Presentation Debugger?
  • Does the Web Report account have access to the analysis?
  • What is the result of the following statement?

exists bes property whose (name of it as lowercase contains “total processor core count”)

• In case there are spaces trailing in the name, let try this statement instead:

sum of (value of it as integer) of results of bes property whose (name of it as lowercase contains “total processor core count”)

jessewk

You can try using ids instead of names. It’s also possbile that singular expression error is b/c not all the results can be cast as integers. Try this:

sum of (it as integer) of values whose (exists it as integer) of results whose (not error flag of it) of property 1 of fixlet 1 of all bes sites whose (name of it = “ActionSite”)

You need to replace three things in the expression above: property id , fixlet id , and site name (if your analysis lives in a non-master operator site)

Thanks Jesse this worked.

(imported comment written by cstoneba)

What managed property are people using to pull the number of cores (For both Unix and Windows)?