Non master operator not able to see manual groups of other non master operator

Hi,
I have a shared environment and for a customer we have a role created for all its operators, role has all rights except the master operator, we even not provide them master rights for the computer they own.

My question is when one non master operator create a manual group that group is not visible to other non master operator, as it is shared environment so we cannot provide them the master rights, please suggest a work around how i can do that.

Bigfix version 9.5.11

Unfortunately, that’s just how manual groups work. In general, it’s best to try to use automatic groups wherever possible. If there’s not some thing all the computers in your manual group have in common that you could use to build an automatic group, I’d suggest making a fixlet that sets a client setting on the computers that you want to be part of the group, then make the automatic group membership based on the value (or existence) of that setting.

Hi,
Yes I new about that solution that the last option we have, but i want to confirm do we have a work around or not, but as you say manual groups work like this then we have no other option other then use the client settings and create automatic gp on them.

If my understanding is correct the solution is to make the manual group “client evaluated”. Login as MO, edit the manual group you want to share and select the option in the below screenshot.

immagine

Hi,
That is the main problem we have, we will not provide master operator rights to any of our operator, since it is shared environment we will not provide master operator rights not on the computers that they own and without master rights i cannot create nor edit the manual gp for the “client evaluated” option.
Can we have any other option or a way around?

Use an Automatic Group in a custom site (to which the shared operators have access) rather than a Manual Group.

1 Like

Similar to this issue, we have to create groups for patching weekends and there are so many non master operators that are creating manual groups for specific change window, now the issue is these manual groups created by non master operator are visible to that person only other non master operator not able to see this group or make changes to this group.
Now the only solution will be to use the automatic groups stored in some specific custom sites so that all operators can use it.
How can we create an automatic group using relevance so that all the computer names from the list can be added here in relevance code and then it will be used to create the groups? Can we have any such relevance?
OR server based computer groups can help? I think that will not help because we dont want to add any setting on the computers, we simply want to have a group from a list of computers and it should be visible to all NMO if it is created by NMO.